Polyvagal Case Construction for Therapists: Building safety, agency, and embodiment into the therapeutic relationship.
A morning workshop for therapists.
Saturday, May 20th, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm ET
We people need people! Our longevity, health and quality of life depend on the quality of our relationships, nervous system to nervous system.
Research tells us that the quality of the therapeutic relationship is the strongest predictor of successful therapeutic outcomes. In this workshop, we orient to using the therapeutic relationship to rewire clients’ nervous systems for safe, embodied relationships, in therapy and in their lives.
- Learn exercises that are diagnostic and therapeutic at the same time. Practice assessing and cultivating skills for engaging in embodied relationships. Build capacity for agency in relationships, where people can speak up for what they need and want.
- Learn to track what happens in clients’ nervous systems moment-to-moment.
- What triggers them and how quickly do they devolve into primitive behavior, simplistic, black and white thinking, or emotional numbness?
- What are their resources for regulation?
- How is their capacity for embodiment?
- How robust is their sense of agency?