Body Up! Level One Training
A Four Month Journey to Develop Personal and Teaching Skills in Body Up! Co-Regulation
with Beth Dennison, MA in MFT, SEP
WHY BODY UP! CO-REGULATION?
- Get connected and feel connected
- Re-regulate fast so we can think clearly, make good decisions, and protect our health and relationships
- Sleep and digest our food better
- Heal from old trauma
- Avoid or clear addiction
- Increase our bandwidth for cooperation
- End isolation, build co-regulatory relationships
WHY THE LEVEL ONE TRAINING?
- Make friends with your nervous system.
- Help others regulate without depleting yourself.
- Learn simple antidotes to shame.
- Use embodied boundaries to feel more alive and get closer with people.
- Trust in relationships to help you shift gears in your nervous system when you need to, because you have potent, body based practices.
- Expand your capacity to handle complexity and intensity with others.
- Reclaim your faith in the healing power of human relationships.
- Learn and Use embodiment skills and coregulation practices with peers/clients/students/family.
Develop Personal Skills:
- Four skills for embodiment in relational space
- Up-regulation skills: get going when you want to
- Down-regulation skills: shift out of anxiety, downshift for sleep
- Social engagement skills: bring your best relational self forward
- Build relationships you can lean on
- Expand your capacity to handle intensity and complexity
- Organize around a less reactive core
Develop Teaching Skills:
- Demonstrate basic Body Up! Co-Regulation practices
- Adapt the practices to appeal to others
- Assess and develop other people’s skills
- Help others expand their capacity
- Work effectively with triggers
This Training is for practitioners, especially therapists and teachers who understand that embodiment and emotional regulation are important. The group will be limited to a small group of professionals who are ready to build safe, embodied, relational work into their lives and/or practices.
What is Included:
- Four in-person weekend intensive training sessions
- One 1-hour private co-regulation session with Beth
- Three conference calls between training sessions
- Your copy of the Body Up! Co-Regulation Handbook ($30 value)
- Snacks during weekend trainings
- Private Facebook page for support + questions
November 15-17, 2019
December 13-15, 2019
January 24-26, 2020
February 28-March 1, 2020
Fridays 6-10pm, Saturdays 9:30-6pm with a one hour lunch break, Sundays 9:30-2pm
Cost: $850 includes training over four weekends, four group (90 minute) and two individual (30 minute) coaching calls.
How to Apply
Your willingness to commit to the entire training, and to maintain self-responsibility and accountability to the trainer and the training group is essential.
- To begin, please email email@example.com a letter of Intention and Commitment
(a short statement indicating your intention to fully participate in this training)
or call me at 413 313 6192.